The Romantic on The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Monday, April 15, 2013

...and I'm back!



Forgive my absenteeism as of late. After having distanced myself from my manuscript for Magical Universe: The Amulet of Alamin, I returned to it with a fresh pair of eyes donning an editor’s cap.

Again.

I sat aside my other projects to commit the past two and a half months to revisions.

Again.

I often ponder my journey. I first completed the manuscript in September of 2009, and after years of rejections and revisions I remain undeterred.

I’ve read, I’ve written and I have committed to my craft.

This has helped me understand what I am doing, what I must do and what I will continue to do as I establish my career.

Stephen King once said: "If you don't have the time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that." 

That’s precisely what I have done. I confess that this has helped me find the flaws in my writing, and address them accordingly.

I shall resume my other projects, and keep an open mind when feedback is provided for Magical Universe: The Amulet of Alamin.

I’m back! I’m still moving forward. Hope you will continue to accompany me along my “yellow-brick road.”

“Those who write are writers. Those who wait are waiters.”
~ A. Lee Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment